Why I started inktober for future
The rules are simple:
- Make a drawing in ink (you can do a pencil under-drawing if you want).
- Post it online
- Hashtag it with #inktober and #inktober2018
So, where is the connection to the climate crisis?
There are many positive ‘sideeffects’ of climate action. As Welzer put it: “We don’t need the thread of climate change to like a car free city.” We should instead talk about all the positive effects like clean air, less people killed in car accidents and more space. He claimed we needed new visions.
The German world for vision is “Zukuftsbild” which literary translates as “future-picture”. That of course rang a bell for me, since visual communication, more specific communication in drawings is my daily business.
If we fast forward our thoughts to a point in time when we have successfully tackled the climate crisis we’re facing now: What does the world look like?
So I came up with this list to spark some inspiration.
Come join us!
Here are the inktober4future rules:
- Imagine the bright future after we solved this climate crisis
- draw your vision (any technique is fine!)
- Post it!
- Hashtag it with #inktober4future
- Repeat (daily, every other day, once a week - whatever schedule you prefer)
BONUS: If you link @inktober4future , I might repost your drawing.
Have fun and inspire others!